Insulate Your Home Against High Utility Bills
Did you know that the average St. Louis home lacks sufficient insulation? In fact, over half of St. Louis homes have only half the attic insulation recommended for our zone. The average St. Louis home only has an R19 level of insulation when the needed amount is R49-R60. This huge gap comes at a big cost-an uncomfortable home and high heating and cooling bills. If you and your family find yourselves hot in the summer and freezing in the winter, it’s probably not your thermostat, it’s your lack of insulation. If you’re interested in saving 10-15% on utilities throughout the year, read on. Enjoy the comfort and savings of a properly insulated home.
Massey Tuckpointing & Masonry, a trusted name for tuckpointing, chimney repair, and chimney cleaning, is proud to announce the addition of blown insulation by industry experts, to our menu of home improvement and maintenance services. We offer a FREE, no-pressure attic inspection to determine your insulation needs. We will let you know if you have adequate insulation, also if there’s any mold, leaks, insect or rodent infestation in your attic. It only takes 15-20 minutes to find out whether you’re adequately insulated. We will give it to you straight and without any pressure or gimmicks. There’s no obligation and nothing to lose except for higher utility bills. Call us and schedule your appointment before old man winter’s here.
In addition to adding this valuable service to our service menu, we’ve also been selected by Laclede Gas as a Program Partner for insulation financing.
Need Financing to Pay for New Insulation? Laclede Gas is here to help. Massey Tuckpointing and Masonry can assist you in applying for Spire Gas’ Insulation Financing Program to pay for new home insulation and pay for it on your month Laclede Gas bill. Laclede Gas offers low financing of 3% on up $2,000 to help credit-qualified customers insulate their home. Save money and get the insulation you need to stay comfortable and lower your heating bills.
Other facts about insulation:
- The US Department of Energy has also determined that 80% of older homes lack sufficient insulation.
- In St. Louis, over half of area homes lack sufficient insulation. Missouri is in a zone that has been determined to require insulation between R-49-R-60.
- The “R” next to the numbers, refers to the resistance to heat loss created by insulation to the loss or gain of heating or cooling efforts. In the winter, insulation with a higher R rating helps keep heat in and save on heating costs. In the summer, it keeps the cool air in your attic and home and lowers your electric bill.
- Attic insulation upgrades are the #1 way to keep heat in during the winter and out during the summer.
- Customers routinely report a 10-15% drop in utility costs after an insulation upgrade.
- Insulation must be applied or installed correctly. Gaps or inconsistent attic coverage can lead to gaps that allow heat out in the winter, and cooling out during the summer. Our insulation technicians are certified, insured, professional, thorough and experienced.
- Increasing the Insulation in your St. Louis home also reduces wear and tear on your HVAC system. Better insulation makes your furnace and AC work more efficiently. Save energy, save money and save wear and tear on your homes HVAC systems.